Handle with care.
Hand strains can be caused by force, frequency of motion, hand position and static grip. Here’s how to avoid them:
- Change your grip and wrist position periodically.
- Perform hand, finger and wrist stretches.
- Use tools with a properly designed ergonomic grip.
- Rotate through different job tasks.
- Avoid repetitive, forceful pressing with the fingers tips.
- Avoid repeated pounding with the base of the palm.
- Avoid tools that create pressure on the base of the palm which can obstruct blood low and nerve function.
- Reduce the weight and size of objects that must be handled repeatedly.
Following these tips may prevent hand injuries that could result in medical costs and lost work days.
And that’s smart safety!
For additional information or guidance, contact your safety office.