Follow the Inspector’s advice for keeping our facilities safe .
- Wear your ID and question strangers who aren’t wearing a postal ID.
- Ensure government license plates, such as USPS or General Services Administration plates, are properly affixed to vehicles.
- Perform vehicle inventories daily and document the results.
- Remove keys from vehicles and lock the doors when vehicles aren’t in use.
- Immediately report any missing postal assets such as uniforms, IDs, vehicles and keys.
- Keep facility doors closed and make sure locks work.
Everyone is responsible for keeping postal facilities and vehicles safe and secure. For additional information, read Pub 266, Blueprint for Facility Security.
And that’s smart safety!
For additional information or guidance, contact your safety office.