Emergency action plans
There has to be a plan.
Each facility with 10 or more employees must develop an emergency action plan that includes:
- Emergency escape routes.
- Procedures for emergency evacuation team members who contact fire and EMS and remain in the building to assist with the evacuation.
- Procedures to account for all employees after evacuation.
- A means of reporting a fire or other emergencies.
- Names and titles of individuals who can be contacted for further information.
- Types of evacuation to be used.
- Employee training.
- Review the plan carefully with your employees and post it.
And that’s smart safety!
For additional information or guidance, contact your safety office.