Don’t get caught up.
Enforce these basic safety rules around automated equipment:
- Never allow untrained employees work on or with automated or other powered equipment.
- Employees must observe and follow all warning signs and notices that have been installed on equipment for their protection.
- Employees must comply with all safety and health regulations, procedures and practices.
- Warn employees not to wear loose clothing, long or unconfined hair, or dangling jewelry around equipment.
- Never allow employees to override or disable safety interlocks or switches.
- Make sure employees check for defects in equipment before using.
Supervisors are responsible for documenting and maintaining employee training records.
And that’s smart safety!
For additional information or guidance, contact your safety office.