These simple actions help save energy at work and at home:
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Adjust thermostats to appropriate temperatures
- Keep outside doors and windows tightly sealed
- Close blinds on hot summer days
- Open blinds on sunny cool days
- Print on both sides of the paper
- Report water leaks
We all need to do our part to reduce facility energy usage. By making small changes like these, postal employees have helped the Postal Service to reduce facility energy usage by 30 percent since 2003.
At home and on the job, saving energy is SMART BUSINESS!